Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Year

It's December 31, 2013.  The last day of the year, we are on the cusp of a brand new day and year.  Many of us are extremely enthusiastic to toss aside it for many reasons hoping the New Year will bring about much wanted change and positivity into our lives.

As I sit and type this, my reflection of the year is one of satisfaction; everything about it.  Our lives are well-rounded and give us what we need whether or not we choose to believe it. What matters is what we do with what the universe and whomever your God is presents us with.  I still have many lessons to learn and I try daily to maintain my sense of self and patience with the universe, my world, my family and those who are a part of my life based on my past decisions; they may not be close to me or bare good will toward me; however, it is how I handle and process what they present to me that may or may not impact me.  It is maintaining my emotional balance and knowing they do not hold any power in my life unless I turn it over to them.  For this I am grateful.  We do have the power over how we react to others.  We also possess the power to CHANGE just as a caterpillar undergoes a metamorphosis into a beautiful butterfly free to fly whenever it chooses.  It is YOUR choice.

Our past is just that...our past!  Leave it there!  It has molded us and shaped us; learn from it, yet leave it in the past.  Focus on the Here and Now of our journey.  I will continue to work on being the best ME I can.  I wouldn't change a thing about my life, the past, present or my future.  I accept where I was, where I am and where my God and Universe has me going. 

I wish you the most wonderful life you can achieve, if you so choose.

May peace, love and light always guide you, my friends. 

BlaringlyBlunt


No comments:

Post a Comment